“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” Mahatma Ghandi
The qualities of balance and harmony are integral to the Libra zodiac sign. This quote by Mahatma Ghandi (who was a Libra) speaks to the innate desire for Librans to maintain an equilibrium within themselves and the world around them.
This desire for balance and harmony however does not mean that Librans will remain silent to keep the peace if there is a perceived injustice. Equally as important to this sign is their belief in fairness, equality, and the pursuit of justice.
It is the way they speak out about difficult topics that is very characteristic of this sign. They will not project sound and fury where their message gets lost in the delivery. They will speak with passion but in a way that is easy to listen to so that their message gets heard.
In this blog, I will talk more about Libra qualities, gemstones that resonate with them, and the jewelry I have created for them. I have created two pieces in my zodiac collection for Libra that feature a sterling silver Libra symbol and a gemstone that resonates strongly with this sign. Both pieces are a beautiful way to expess the Libra soul. They make a unique and meaningful gift for a special Libra in your life!
Libras and Partnership
Libra is governed by the planet Venus. Venus strongly influences the concepts of love, beauty, romance, pleasure, and partnerhips. I will focus on the partnership aspect here.
Librans thrive when they are in a partnership, or a community, that enables them to express their individuality while being connected to others. Operating at the highest level, they strive for synergistic connections that are greater than the sum of the individual parts.
Librans who are isolated (or do not have close mutually beneficial relationships) feel off balance at their core which affects their entire outlook and sense of well-being. In truth, anyone who is isolated (or in a one-sided relationship) will eventually feel their zest for life decrease. The soul growth path for Libra is to create interdependent relationships where there is a healthy sense of give and take.
Here are some common Libran associations that may (or may not) be expressed to varying degrees.
- Element: Air
- Symbol: The Scales – It is usually illustrated as weighed scales that are in a balanced position.
- Planet: Governed by the planet Venus.
- Modality: Cardinal
- Harmony and balance within (and in their immediate environment) are important to their sense of well-being.
- An inner compass that is aligned with the pursuit of fairness and justice for all.
- In tune with their feelings of love, romance, and enjoying pleasurable experiences.
- Very connected to beauty that stirs their soul whether it be nature, art, pleasing surroundings etc.
- Strongly driven to share their knowledge, information, learning with others whether that be through writing, teaching, charity work, journalism etc. (i.e. Barbara Walters is a Libra).
- They possess natural diplomacy which enables good relations with cultures other then their own.
- Looks at both sides of an idea or an argument. Sometimes this leads to hesitation or indecisiveness when making a final decision.
- Approaches learning and travel as a way to broaden their horizons.
- Partnership(s) as opposed to going alone is more comfortable and enjoyable for them.
- Interested in health, wellness, and fitness activities.
- Could be an activist but with a more peaceful persuasion. Their focus is on the pursuit of higher ideals.
- Their way with words makes them a good leader.
- Enjoys socializing with their tribe.
- A natural affinity towards the arts and cultural activities.
Gemstones for Libra
Some gemstones that have a strong resonance with Libra are lapis lazuli, sapphire, peridot, aquamarine, tourmalinated quartz, labradorite, aventurine, lepidolite, rainbow moonstone, kunzite, prehnite, ametrine, chrysophase, citrine, obsidian, tanzanite, pink tourmaline to name a few.
I chose to create my pieces with tourmalinated quartz. Tourmalinated quartz is clear rock crystal that has grown together with black tourmaline. It is an excellent grounding stone. Tourmaline assists with purifying and protecting one’s energy and clear quartz amplifies it. It is an excellent gemstone to wear as an energy shield. It is believed to assist with turning negative energy into positive energy. The two Libra pieces in the collection are listed below.
Lead with Love
There are many Librans in all walks of life. Quite a few are drawn to artistic expression, teaching, law, journalism, and politics to name a few areas. Any area that enables them to relay information, connect with others, or promote change through negotiation would fall in alignment with their natural affinity.
As a cardinal sign, Libras have an ability to lead others. They lead through the creation of innovative ideas and the delivery of these ideas. They have a knack for identifying the trends in society and also the troubles that require change. In my opinion, one of the greatest Libran abilities is their willingness to get involved in a cause where the rights, freedom, and equality of their fellow human beings is at stake.
In the words of Mahatma Ghandi, “When you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love.” This quote speaks to overcoming challenges with others fueled by the energy of love that sees the whole siutation, and the desired outcome, from a higher perspective.
At their core, Librans have the ability to tap into the power of love. When required, it may appear as tough love, but it is love, nevertheless. They are hard wired to know that coming together, rather than staying apart, is essential for harmony.
As we enter Libra season, let’s dive deeper into the Libra book about love. In moments that we are challenged, instead of reacting without thinking or feeling, lets pause and ask ourselves what is the most loving response I could offer here? Could I behave in a more loving manner? In the big picture, this is a step towards changing the "us" vs. "them" mentality that is ingrained in the psyche of humanity.
The more loving each of us becomes in our everyday lives, the more love will grow outwards from our inner circles to our communities. This will happen through example and because we are all connected energetically. Let's add fuel to the fire of love in our hearts, and tend to it, so it continues to burn brightly. The time is now to let love grow. Our collective future depends on it.
What do you admire most about a Libra that you know? I'd love to hear in the comments below. :)
With love and soul,
PIN FOR LATER