“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.”
― Walt Disney
This quote by Walt Disney (born December 5th) exemplies the Sagittarian spirit. They are the eternal optimists, the adventurous dreamers, of the zodiac. They have an innate ability to look on the bright side of life, and situations. This is their gift.
I have been a lifelong admirer of all things Disney. As fate would have it, I worked for the Disney company for a meaningful period in my life. Disney movies, products, and parks bring a little magic into people’s lives and instill the idea that dreams can come true. I always find it interesting how the universe brings you experiences that are in alignment with your essence. Aside from Disney, I have worked in environments that were much more traditional in their views and approach. Despite being in conservative cultures, I always connected with open-minded thinkers, or mystic seekers, who were there as well. Like does attract like. :)
In this blog, I will talk more about Sagittarian qualities, gemstones that resonate with them, and the jewelry I have created for them. I have created two pieces in my zodiac collection for Sagittarius that feature a sterling silver Sagittarius symbol and a gemstone that resonates strongly with this sign. These pieces are a unique way to express the Sagittarius soul. They make awesome birthday gifts!
- Element: Fire
- Planet: Jupiter
- Symbol: Sagittarius is depicted as a centaur or archer. The symbol is shown as an arrow pointing upwards.
- Modality: Mutable
- Prefers to look on the bright side of life. They are possibility thinkers.
- Full of energy and enthusiasm for what they are passionate about.
- Likes to challenge themselves. Loves to learn new concepts, activities, skills.
- They have lots of ideas and the courage to pursue them. (They don’t have to figure everything out before they jump into something. They trust that they will learn along the way.)
- Loves adventures, and travel experiences.
- Sometimes they lack tact but it doesn’t come from malicious intent.
- Enjoys socializing. Many have a work hard, play hard mentality.
- They will move away from any environment (or person) that restricts their freedom.
- They enjoy living large and having comfortable, beautiful surroundings.
- They may encounter up and down circumstances in their life, but they tend to land on their feet. The planet that governs Sagittarius is Jupiter which is associated with luck. Sagittarians ability to look for positive possibilities in life contributes to creating “lucky” scenarios for themselves.
- Friendly and approachable in new and familiar environments. (Often an ability for sales.)
- Enjoys spontaneity and getting caught up in the moment.
- They are more focused on the big picture than the details of any idea. They will gladly leave working out the details to others.
- A fire sign so they can blow up, but they are not inclined to hold long standing grudges.
- Enjoys physical activities whether it be sports or within the arts.
Astrology is a blueprint of YOU
If you have never had your birth chart done you don’t know what you are missing! There is so much detailed information within it that explains the intricacies of the blueprint that is you. It also explains transits that are affecting your chart (you) at any given moment. I highly recommend getting it done for a mind-expanding experience. Going to the website www.astro.com and having a free astral chart done is a great starting point.
You will find that aside from your sun sign, there are many other zodiac signs that influence who you are. That is why people who share the same sun sign may seem different from each other. Your sun sign may be Sagittarius but your moon, rising sign, mercury, houses etc. all affect who you are.
Each “house” in your chart has specific significance and its expression is influenced by a zodiac sign. I can relate to the qualities of Sagittarius because it is the sign that is in my fifth house in my birth chart. The fifth house is referred to as the “House of Pleasure”. It reflects what activities bring a sense of joy, fun, and fulfillment to your life and the style in which you respond to these things. This Sagittarius influence in my chart has probably contributed to why I have been drawn to the wonderful world of Disney all my life. This is just a taste of the kind of information that is available to you in your own chart.
Gemstones for Sagittarius
There are specific gemstones that have a natural resonance with each zodiac sign. Some gemstones that resonate strongly with Sagittarius are Turquoise, Amethyst, Lapis Lazuli, Jasper, Labradorite, Sodalite, Azurite and Blue Topaz to name a few. There are no rules when it comes to wearing gemstones. Wear whatever you are attracted to. If you are attracted to a specific stone most likely there is something in the energy of that stone that you will benefit from by wearing it. The cool thing is that I have found that people are naturally attracted to the gemstones that resonate with their signs.
I chose African turquoise as the gemstone to work with for the Sagittarius pieces in the collection. The stone is Jasper from Africa. It is turquoise in color with natural dark veins running through it. Below is a bit more about the energetic properties of this gemstone.
Link to Beaded Gemstone Sagittarius Bracelet
African turquoise has been referred to as a stone of evolution. It is believed to open the mind to new ideas, possibilities and evolving into a new way of life. It is thought to help balance the emotions and bring confidence for transformation. It is said to be helpful to protect against negative energy.
Link to Sterling Silver Sagittarius Charm Zodiac Necklace
Be the Change You Wish to See
It is often in times of extreme crisis that the beginnings of major mindset shifts take place. The worldwide pandemic that we have faced this year is one of those moments for all of us. Circumstances have brought to our attention the profound life or death consequences that are at stake.
We have learned that what we do, or don’t do, such as wearing a mask, can keep the virus alive and continually spreading from one person to another. If people could look at wearing a mask as a proactive measure for the good of themselves and others (rather than a personal afront to their freedom), perhaps, their mindset would shift. That is the crux of this experience. We are all being called to shift from a “me” to a “we” mindset for the sake of the human race. How long we remain struggling with the pandemic, and what our future looks like, depends on how we navigate this experience today.
It is fitting that as we draw towards the end of the year, a time when people naturally reflect, that we are in Sagittarius season. Sagittarians are the philosophers of the zodiac. They have an affinity for pondering the meaning of life. They look at life from a higher perspective and lean into mind expansion through learning. Hopefully, the human race is collectively coming to realize that we need to LEARN new ways of being in the world going forward.
It is in tough times that we are reminded to take nothing in our lives for granted. Life is a gift. Tough times bring to the forefront the people, places, and things that are truly important to us so that we may value them more. It teaches us to focus on living with intent and purpose rather than to mindlessly and habitually exist. We learn, if we are willing, to treasure even the simplest of moments that lift your heart and soul. It is through feeling and showing appreciation for life that we grow as human beings.
In the spirit of Sagittarians, I am taking a look at the bright side of this experience. We have an opportunity to reset our hearts, and our minds as we move towards a new year. To do this, we must first ask ourselves some soul-searching questions. Here are a few to get you going.
- Who is the real me, the me, at my core? What does this version of me feel like, look like etc.? Describe it in as much detail as possible. You are mining the depths of your soul.
- What have I learned this year that could change the way I live my life?
- How am I going to use this learning and commit to showing up in the world going forward?
These questions take you on a exploratory journey where you are discovering and defining meaning. They are food for thought to encourage soul expression. I don’t imagine that, poof, as soon as the new year starts everything will be different in the world around us. I do believe, however, that the time is now to mine for the nuggets, the take-aways, from this experience as we prepare for the new year.
The following words from Mahatma Ghandi are ringing loudly in the cosmos now. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” Do you hear it? It's time for the entire world to respond to this call.
If we all focus on creating positive changes (however small or large) in our own lives, it will be reflected in the world around us. This is truth. We are all connected energetically. I believe this with every fibre of my being. Let’s each do our part to create a healthier and better world for everyone.
What Sagittarian quality do you admire most? I'd love to hear in the comments below.
With love and soul,
PIN FOR LATER