Taking care of your beautiful new piece of jewelry is important!
Most of the materials I use are natural gemstones, freshwater pearls and crystals. The metals I use are sterling silver, gold plated, gold vermeil etc.
You will keep your jewelry in good condition by handling it with care, and by avoiding exposing it to chemicals (i.e. lotions, perfumes) or extreme sweating. It is recommended to remove your jewelry at night while sleeping.
Care of Sterling Silver Jewelry
- Sterling silver does tarnish and discolour due to exposure to oxygen. When not worn, jewelry is best stored in an air-tight container or plastic bag.
- Sterling silver may be cleaned with a cleaner designed specifically for sterling silver metal. (i.e. a pre-treated cloth etc.)
- Do not use abrasive polishes, or chemical tarnish removers.
- Do not wear sterling silver jewelry while swimming or in hot tubs.
- Avoid wearing sterling silver jewelry when you may be sweating excessively such as during a sports activity.
- Sterling silver jewelry may tarnish more quickly on some people then others due to the chemical reaction between the moisture on their skin and the metal. The moisture could be due to water, lotions, soaps, sweat etc.
Care of Stretch Bracelets
- Gently roll the stretch bracelet on or off your wrist. Do not tug, pull or stretch out the elastic.